<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dec 2, 2003

Another year of Youth Force starts.


I love YF, I always have. this year I'm on the design team, and I hope that I can help make it enjoyable and safe. I was supposed to be on the design team last year... but, due to unforseen events, I was not...
Anyway... a little about youth force, perhaps. Youth force is a methodist summer camp where a wholw bunch of churches congregate to help rebuild the homes of people who can not afford to rebuild their homes on their own. It's not a super christina camp where you have three church services a day and have to wear slacks and then SLACK off for the rest of the time, It's a hard working experience. No one who is a proven pansy should come- you have to work.

I don't consider myself a very strong christian, I have never had a good relationship with christ, and lately my beliefs have been that yes, there is a god, but it isn't the one written about in any holy book. It's more like a guiding force.
The only place i've ever really felt god strongly, at all, was YF. for some reason, I feel so fullfilled when I tear out a lopsided and failing ceiling and put a new one in, feel so fullfilled when the homeowner who couldn't have afforded our ameteur but good work, much less that of a construction company, smiles and thanks us for helping out.
Youth Force is based in OKC. so if you live in or around oklahoma and are intrested in helping out, you should check it out.

Comments: Post a Comment