<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dec 1, 2003

I had a weird dream last night. someone had been kidnapped and with the help of two terminators (yes, one was shwarzennegger, and the other was some blond girl) we went off to find her. alongthe way, I met ryan working at walmart, but for some reason he had a done a load of my laundry (which I need to do) and told me I could have some. Of course, I had some clothes that fit the terminators (don't ask me how) and we set off. The terminators got lost somewhere and I picked up a guy about my age and a girl about my age (thus is the nature of dreams). for some reason, we were more uniquely fit for this episode. We found the journal of some guy that was about as old as the pyramids, and it talked of a powerful plot to take over the world. Well, we were looking for the cave that held something that could stop this plot (the kidnappee was of course the many-times-daughter of the person who's blood was needed, or something..) But we found the wrong cave.

We found the cave where one of the... plotters(?) had resided. Upon opening the door....

Allright, just to clarify, The dream above now has nothing to do with the story below. NONE. none none none.

CHAPTER (currently) 1
It was raining outside, but it wasn't cold. Walking around the bleak face of orange rock that looked way out of place among the oak trees we were shielded from the fierce wind I could hear howling some ways off. What if it isn't the wind? I thought to myself. I shivered.
I turned, and the girl was looking at me. She looked resolved and scared, and not unnatractive. I smiled at her, hopefully reassuring, and she seemed to relax a little bit. The man was running his hands along the cliff's walls, and then he stopped. I could see what he had stopped over, from where I stood, It looked as if a great jagged hole had been cut out of the cliff and then refilled. "I can feel air here," he said. I walked up to the cliff face, letting my hand creep across the sharpness of the rocks. I could feel the air, like a blast of sticky death, shooting out into the decayed sunset that filled the sky.
I found a recess, a gap in the wall, and I could feel something in the recess. something like very large pinhole. I turned to the man.
"I think this is where you come in," I said.
He let his hands wander along the recess, and his body seemed to convulse slightly as his hands touched the pinhole. He took his backpack out, and removed a 3 foot peice of twisted metal, with a slight hook on the end. It was covered in heiroglyphics. I didn't ask him where he got it, as I did not ask why the girls' eyes glowed in the dark. They didn't ask me about my premonitions, either.
The man looked at me, asking an unspoken query.
"There's something in there," I said quietly. "I can't tell you what it is."
He rolled his eyes. "I could have told you that," he muttered.
I sighed. He grinned at me, as if at some funny joke. The girl just looked on, her eyes glowing a soft orange color in the dead light.
The man put the rod into the recess, and seemed to hook the pinhole. there was an audible click- a sound that seemed to tear through my mind. The girl blinked.
The wall started to tremble, and a quiet, distant howling started to come from the edges of the cut area. It started to move. I could feel a skuttling noise in my head, as if cockroaches were stirring up long forgotten dust. It made me sick.
The rumbling stopped- and the wall seemed whole. I looked at my commrades, and they looked at me. The girl looked at the wall. she said nothing.
When her eyes passed over the wall, we could see that there was a square hole, big enough for us to crawl through, along the lower edge. The girl started to crawl through the opening. I followed, the skuttle in my head growing louder. I wondered if they could hear it. We were all in the cave- and the girls eyes were glowing the soft greens and yellows of a cats. there was no light, it seemed that even the light from the sunset could not reach in here. The girl looked at me, and although all I could see where her eyes, I smiled. Her eyes crinkled, and I knew she was smiling back. Even in a dark, unknown cave, we could share a smile.
The color bleeding out of her eyes started to change, and the sunset started to flow from her. We could see in the dim light. The skittering in my skull stopped, and something started to giggle. Not a little girl's giggle, but a gravelly, dead giggle, escaping through something that had never really been alive. I shuddered. The other two looked at me.
"Something is in here, and it does not intend for us to leave." I said.
Both of them jerked at my sudden voice.
"It already knows, I said."
Suddenly the cave filled with light, as if someone had turned on a hundred watt bulb in a small room. There was something on the ceiling.

TO BE CONTINUED...



Comments: Post a Comment