<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Nov 14, 2003

Some of you may know that I live in Cross center with a roommate. some of you may know my roommate. We come from very different worlds- and even though I can honestly say we are friends and care about each other, I can also say that we are from two different worlds. We were raised with different philosophies on life, different versions of responsibilities.
Today, Wes was upset because My computer chair had gotten onto one of his myriad combat boots (he has about 8 pairs, I thinj. maybe only 6. but it's a lot of boots) and was scuffing it. He asked me to try to be a bit more careful. He's in ROTC, so he has to have alot of boots.
If you have EVER seen my room here at cross, then you know that it is probably the dirtiest room in either side of the building. Alot of this mess is Wes's ROTC stuff. I will not blame him for all of it; nay, I can see things of mine on the floor right now. But I will say this. It is nearly impossible for me to step anywhere without stepping on a peice of his BDU's.
My response to this was sure, I could be more careful, but it was difficult not to hit something once in awhile, as ALL of his boots ARE floating around the room. He kind of got pissed.
WHAT I REALLY WANTED to say WAS don't ask me to respect your property MORE than you are willing to respect it. I have tried, I really have, not to step on boots. I have EVEN picked up his army glasses, his sunglasses, and his damn army hat, on more than seven occasions, so they WOULDN'T get damaged!
But it seems that there is no willingness for him to take care of his stuff. IF i left my things all over the floor, I would assume that things like that would happen. I'm not saying that I should just randomly kick his shit because it is everywhere, but I am saying that I SHOULD NOT be responsible for cleaning it up. IF HE is unwilling to take care of it, he should be willing to expect accidents.
I REALLY DO TRY NOT TO SCUFF YOUR SHIT, WES!!!! THE LEAST YOU CAN DO IS RESPECT IT ENOUGH TO CLEAN IT UP!!! I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO CLEAN UP AFTER YOU!!!! and I certainly shouldn't have to kick your boots out from under my chair; they should be under your damn bed or something.
I try. I'd appreciate it if you would, too. You can't expect me not to damage something with this much shit on the floor. that's all I ask, wes.

I don't know why I posted this on the internet. Maybe I should just type it as a letter and give it to him. Unless he's reading it. Right now.

Comments: Post a Comment