<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Mar 2, 2004

The thing that probably helps me relax the most and lets me think is cruising down the highway at night. alone but for the few other drivers on the road, you are free to concentrate on your own thoughts, not having to worry about cars vying for position on the roadway.
That's what I did tonight. I cruised down I-35 towards Oklahoma City, watching the truckers move in groups of two and three. The truckers generally are going faster than the speed limit, so you can pace with them or pass them as you please, and not have to worry about the few police that might be out. However, in Oklahoma at night, there isn't much MORE visible than a police unit screaming down the highway, lights flashing. I suppose it would be this way most places, but somewhere like Vegas, perhaps, or New York, there would be things more visible.
The police officer didn't want any of us, unsurprisingly. he screamed on towards norman as I was heading back towards it, and I could still see him near the lindsey street exit as I was passing the exit for Tecumseh Road.
I was listening to The Foo Fighter's Colour and Shape the entire time, and I turned around on Shields. It's good to be relaxed, it's good to have a 40 minute stretch where it's just you and the road and your thoughts, scratching noislessly in your head.

Comments: Post a Comment