<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Feb 27, 2004

i went and donated plasma today with wes, rex, and amanda. it was an interesting experience, one I wouldn't do every week, but one I'd repeat again sometime. It wasn't unpleasant enough that I hated it.
They did the finger prick and then hooked up the IV, and alternatively switched between taking out and putting in the blood, seperating it out to get the plasma. at the end, they put room-temperature salene in, and it made us all shiver. salene also burns going into me, so I got a burning cold sensation followed by trembling and shivering. wes's arms were different colors. amanda couldn't donate, because she got nervous and her pulse rate was too high.

Alan sent me a pretty cool article, it's about a computer chip understanding brain cells talk. I read an earlier study done with a rat and a computer chip and a transmitter, they had the rat doing things on "remote" control. maybe in the next fifty years, we'll be able to talk to each other using technology- computer chips in our heads attached to transmitters and recievers, sending thoughts. I think that would be awesome...
there would be a miriad of problems that came with it, but I think it would be great. that and nano technology. if only....

Comments: Post a Comment