<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Aug 5, 2005

the high point of enlightenment 

Albertsons doesn't own a company that makes bread, batteries, tortillas, or chips, they don't bottle milk, or make ice cream- this list could keep going. Here's who DOES make some of our products-

Mission makes our chips and tortillas (possibly the No. 1 chip & tortilla company in the world)
Wonderbread makes our bread
Hiland bottles our milk
Energizer (apparently) makes our batteries.
I have to wonder about the film, soda-pop, and ice cream...

This is true- and quite amusing- today I found something a little out there while stocking product. While putting some Albertsons batteries out on a table, I came across a 2-pack of Savon-Osco (by Albertsons) brand D batteries. It almost didn't catch my eye- I almost just set it out and kept going.

The only thing was that this pack of batteries had ONE Savon-Osco battery in it, and ONE Energizer battery in it. The package had not been opened or tampered with.

Just kind of funny. I've got the package at work- I think I'm gonna have to bring it home.




Does that sort of thing happen often, I wonder?

Comments:
Well... usually they are suppose to have people inspect them to make sure there are no slip-ups since that could actually cost them a lot of money. Whoever contracted them to package the batteries could really get on their case and all of that...

As for how often it happens? I think it all depends on the company. If it is a major chain, then it is extremely rare that something like that would happen...
 
Post a Comment