<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Aug 4, 2004

Garam Masala. Taste of India. stuff. 

got a recipe for Garam Masala to write down here. it's sorta mine. sorta. you folkses should use it sometime. it's a spice mixture; so only use it if you rule. okay, so must of you really shouldn't be using it. sorry.

"Garam Masala!"
10 parts cumin

3 parts cinnamon
2 parts cloves
2 parts cardamom
2 parts bay leaves
1 part black pepper

(thanks to Deepak, possibly THE best cook I know, for that.)

All of that is ground up. together. it makes for a kick-ass spice mixture. (Masala means mixture. I don't know what language that is.)

I thought of putting this down here because I talked to the guy at taste of india today. I didn't really make it clear that I wanted to be hired as some sort of an apprentice cook, and I don't think he really thinks I know as much as I know about cooking. Or, perhaps I don't know as much as I think I do, but he STILL doesn't think I know much about cooking. I think. which is amusing, because I probably could cook most of the recipes they cook once- the first time- and remember. I cook a lot of similar foods.
but, I digress. what I am trying to get at is this- MAYBE, MAYBE, if he realizes that I indeed can cook, and DON'T suck, then just maybe I can say "hey, want another cook? I'll not take much pay." and maybe he'll say "hey, this kid knows what he's doing. or at least he seems to." and then MAYBE I'll have a job- the best damned job (for me) in Norman, regardless of pay.

Do you know how much that would kick ass?

What was the point of writing out that recipe? All they can do is admire your genius and say, "Man, I wish I could cook that well."



"He's really full of himself today, isn't he?"

Comments: Post a Comment