<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Jul 16, 2004

for an update. finally. 

SO Bush's little "Amendment" to illegalize gay marriages failed in congress the other day. Can't say as I'm dissapointed, seeing that an AMENDMENT shouldn't TAKE AWAY rights.
Does it really offend you so much, Mr. President, that you have to attempt to fetter a huge number of Americans? since your "Amendment" to limit marriage rights has failed, what are you going to do now? try to pass a bill supporting "seperate but equal" restrooms?
For a country that not only advocates Seperation of Church and State, but a constitution that states that freedom is its ultimate goal, our current government, or our president, has been pushing ideas, this being the one most on my mind, that DO NOT fit into the idea of a free, equal, and seperated country.
for god's sakes! you want to amend the constitution! The constitution should only be amended if we find a problem in it. Are you saying that freedom to do as one pleases is a problem?
This, and the fact that some conservative group said something along the lines of "well, at least we know now who is against conventional marriages." No, you don't. this is a simple problem of logic- Just because someone didn't support your right-reducing "amendment," it doesn't mean they don't support "conventional" marriage. I didn't like the bill, but I'm not going to go marry a guy.
Let's spell it out, in simpler terms.
"I like the color blue."
does this therefore mean that I don't like any other color? No, it simply means that I LIKE the color blue.
Likewise, "I don't support your amendment" doesn't mean "I don't support conventional marriages." People can support conventional marriages, and be CONVENTIONALLY married, and still NOT support the damned AMENDMENT.
But hey, I still really like the idea of seperate restrooms. lets reinstate Jim Crow and the grandfather clause, lets take away women's right to vote, hell- lets throw away the democracy and go back to some fuedal system. that sounds like a great idea to me.


Comments: Post a Comment