<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Jul 20, 2007

So I had a customer come in the other day and say “I need 20 dollars worth of gas on pump 5. and I’d like a carton of bronsons in a box.”

I went to get the carton of cigarettes and rang it up. “That’ll be forty-three dollars and six cents,” I said.

The customer looked up from his wallet with a startled and almost-angry expression. “How much were the cigarettes!?” he exclaimed.

And then today, I had two customers come in. the first one had a soda and a couple of other assorted items. I rang everything up and I said “Is that all for you?” (Or something to that effect, anyway.)

The customer replied, “No. I’d also like 2 two dollar crossword lottery tickets.”

I took his money, gave him his change, and (hitting all of my contacts, of course) turned to the next customer. Before I could say anything to him, he turned to the first customer and said, “Hey, how much were those tickets?”

And AGAIN!

A lady came up to the counter with a whole bunch of food items and several two liters. I greeted her, rang everything up, and she informed me that she wanted a pack of Newport 100s in a box.

“Okay. Your total will be eleven seventy-three,” I said.

The customer pointed at all of the merchandise on the counter with an impatient look on her face. “Did you get all of this stuff, too?” She asked me.

Comments:
i had four people do that to me today..
and one that threw his pumpstart card at me when it wouldn't take it outside and i calmly informed him that he might have a rip on it and needs to come back to the store so we could call for him- but he'd have to do it tomorrow between 8 and 5.

wtf. i love our customers
 
Post a Comment