<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Jul 9, 2007

blast! 

So… I decided to wash my car tonight. Near the end of the drying process I decided to move the car into the garage because water was condensing kinda like fog on the roof, and I was probably getting eaten alive by mosquitoes, so it just seemed like a good idea.

I soon realized that the garage was not particularly safe- mosquitoes seemed to have followed me in, I could hear them periodically buzzing near my ears.

I sighed, quit drying my car, and decided it was time to take out a few of the little pests.

After killing seven using only my fists and leather chamois, I soon realized there were many more in the garage than I had anticipated. I killed a few that landed on the walls and slapped several out of the air with the mentioned chamois. I even managed to snatch four or five out of the air and crush them in a fist, letting their mangled bodies fall to the concrete below. It was me vs. the mosquitoes, and I was winning.

At some point while I was swinging my chamois furiously at a small cloud of the blood suckers, I heard a tremendously loud, and quite deep buzzing sound right next to my ear. I jerked back- this was no ordinary mosquito! The sucker (heh) was so big, I could see it easily flying through the air. I waited for a good moment to drive it into oblivion, but it dodged my feeble attempts, and landed right on the “H” on the front grille of my car.

Smashing this monster on my newly clean car was just unacceptable. Further, it was a tree hole mosquito- and one of the largest I’ve ever seen. It was nearly half an inch long, covered in black and white bands, and it looked mean.

I hesitated for a brief moment, and the mosquito stayed there, seemingly taunting me to smash it all over the Silver H. I swung the chamois at it, trying to scoot it away, but instead it just flew a few inches, and landed right back on the front grille.

At this point I decided I was going to go get a cup and catch the monster, for no particular reason other than I wanted to catch it and show Tracy how monstrous the beast was.

I ran inside, got a cup, and came back out as quickly as I could- and it was gone.

I looked around the garage carefully, cutting a swath through all the mosquitoes I could see, but I couldn’t locate the tree hole mosquito again. I killed well over thirty mosquitoes this night, but the tree hole mosquito is still out there, hiding somewhere in my garage….

Comments:
yeah the little bastards are nuts around here too. I saw one of those monster ones the other night. Scared the hell out of me.
 
Post a Comment