<$BlogRSDUrl$>

May 9, 2007

Tiling project (all old news, but an update anyway) 



So.... I tore up the carpet in the laundry room.













it already looks better.



and I look pretty good in a gas mask, if I do say so myself. that crap in my hand there is hardibacker. I screwed it down to the floor, and then put a layer of mortar down.









Now I'm laying the tiles out. I didn't have to do it that way, but I did do it that way so I could cut them to fit properly... kinda like a diagram.

There's Randy's tile saw. hella expensive, but I'm glad he let me borrow it. it made it all possible.






Now I (we) are actually laying tile. Randy happened to be over, so he's helping out. If he's around he'll help. it's how he is. We've got those spacers in place to make sure the tile doesn't move around...








It actually goes pretty quickly. And it's really not that bad at all. I'm definitely going to tile my bathrooms!








Using the famous tile saw now. It was a really loud beast, and it was getting late, so we shut the garage door. Wouldn't want to upset the neighbors- yet. Just wait until they find out I'm stitching together zombies in the basement!













Time for some grout! The nice float helped out a lot.



and we're done! now all I have to look forward to is the cleanup. :-!























That was three or more weeks ago.


all pictures courtesy of Tracy.

Comments: Post a Comment