<$BlogRSDUrl$>

May 2, 2007

so I don't know what was going on with that last post. and I didn't ever finish the post about the house. well, not gonna do that now.

This last week I've been in "training" with my store manager, Nathan. (I make it a habit to post about work very little, but I got promoted a few weeks ago to 2A, and it feels like somewhat of an accomplishment.) Nathan's pretty cool- I didn't really learn very much, and what I did learn won't technically make me a better 2A. Since I've worked the 2A schedule (on and off, mostly on) since thanksgiving, I know the job pretty well and am fairly used to the hours.
Since Nathan didn't really have much to teach me on being a 2A, he instead taught me 1A and store manager stuff. Nothing any of you would care about, I'm sure.
the weekend I have (tuesday and wednesday) is kinda sucky- at least from the standpoint of me visiting anyone during the school semester (or someone visiting tracy and I in wichita). However, the pay and the fact that I'm not working 3rd shift anymore make up for that.

Tracy and I have a very large sectional couch coming in in the next couple of weeks. it will compliment the downstairs quite nicely- when we get it (and the washer and dryer coming in this coming monday) I will finalize my tour of the house.

We have a front loading washer and dryer coming soon, too. we bought a fridgidaire washer, and a GE electrical dryer. I reviewed all of our options carefully- for energy/water efficiency, among other things. for the price, I got basically the best I could find in those categories- I didn't really want to spend a whole lot on washers and dryers (some washers, like the samsung silver care setup, were in excess of 1200. yeah, that's a bad ass washer and it will even order take out chinese for you, but DAMN), so we set a limit, stretched it a little, and then bought the best for our money.

I tiled the laundry room- it's completely finished, except for some sealant. Tracy actually took pictures of the work in progress, which I will probably post tomorrow. Thanks to Randy's 300 dollar tile saw, the job was made easy and it looks very professional. (Also, I'd like to thank Randy for his help. too bad he doesn't want my help with his basement.)

I'm saving up for some unecessary parts for my car- this summer I'm going to pick up an exhaust header and cat-back exhaust system. (the header is where exhaust gases exit the engine- it's some piping from each cylinder that meets up at one tube. a cat back exhaust simply means that everything behind the catalytic converter has been changed.)
I'm not going for a ricer look or sound- the exhaust setup will be slightly louder than stock, but it won't have the ricer buzz to it. that buzz is generally caused by the removal of the catalytic converter.
however, there are high-flow cats you can purchase for my car. I don't know how effective they are at actually being a catalytic converter, but they give you a large horsepower jump while still being able to pass emissions (except california doesn't like them, the California Air Resource Board, specifically. that's what CARB stands for).
Some bridgestone potenza RE960 pole position tires, eibach springs, powerslot frozen brake rotors, hawk brake pads, and finally, a hondata reflash, should finish off the car. all of those are far down the line. I think the springs and brakes will come before the reflash, but after the tires.
I'm also going to purchase a tie bar...
after all of that, maybe I'll take the Si down to a track. I figure after all of that, it should have a 0-60 time of around five seconds (or a tiny bit less, probably a tiny bit less) and a 1/4 mile of low 14 something. not that anyone cares.

Finally, rex is getting married to Niaz, and they bought a new toyota matrix.

that's all my thoughts for now.

Comments:
i have an artist you should check out :)

he does a lot of grafitti and my step dad and i found it last night. it has some pretty neat stuff on it!

:)
 
now i have to give you the address.

Silly me.

www.banksy.co.uk
 
Post a Comment