<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Apr 4, 2007

Urban development 



I bought a house! 3 bed, 3 bath, 3 car garage. porch. basketball goal, if you're into that sort of thing. it's a nice house, as you can see from the picture.


Take the tour! I took some pictures- see what it looks like.







Here's a decent shot of the porch. and garden. whoeever did the landscaping did pretty well- I have some nice flowering plants (the flowers disappeared with this last storm we had) and an ornamental pear tree. also, a very expensive sprinkler system is installed in the lawn. 7 or so zones of sprinklers- about 6 per zone.









Side view of the porch. and the side of the house- and the bay window. on my cul-de-sac there are only four houses. my neighbors are quiet. it's a nice neighborhood guarded by a homeowner's association.









this is the back porch. at some point I'm going to have to put up a fence- but this yard is shaped funny and I don't know how that's going to work out. man, what a perfect porch for a grill!

on to the side of the house. nothing spectacular here...




















And the basketball goal- with a view of the street, and neighbors. not a bad neighborhood at all.









Back to the garage. we're going to head inside
now!











See that fridge? it was actually there when I moved in. I plugged it in and the light came on, but it didn't get cold. I figured it was low on coolant or the thermostat was busted- but Randy took a look at it. he messed around with some stuff and it clicked on. looks like the timer control for the defrost mode just had to be reset.
I find it amusing that the previous owner (this was a repo) just left it. His bad. now I have an extra, and working, refridgerator.




Looking back into the garage. This angle might make it seem small, but I guarantee it isn't. Three cars storage!











Now entering the house, through the garage. this short room HERE (in both pictures) is the
laundry room.

I have some tiles set out in the picture below- I intend to tile the laundry room before we buy a washer and dryer. thought it might be a good idea. the whole house is currently carpet.

















Now we're into the living area. this isn't how it looks now, but this is how it looked yesterday. when we're totally done settling in, I'll put more pictures of the finished home up.








Now the kitchen, which is to the left of the above picture.














Another view of the kitchen from the dining room.








And the refridgerator! a frigidaire, and my current prize (other than the house, garage, car, and wife, I'd say this is up there, right now).
It's a nice fridge- and it has a nickel, not stainless steel, finish. that means that although it's shiny and metal-looking, it doesn't smudge easily.

I'll finish the tour later- more to go on the office, bedroom, guest bathrooms and downstairs- but this is tiring work and I have some things to do.

Comments:
Very nice Erik!

If the entire house is carpet I would suggest getting tile put in for the bathrooms. That way you can avoid mold and such a bit more easily.
 
Erik - I totally love it. I'm so jealous. The kitchen looks very nice. All I want is a bigger kitchen. I can't wait to see it in person.
 
nice house i wish i had a b ball goal.... o well bye
 
Post a Comment