<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sep 14, 2004

there's nothing quite like cruising down the highway at 80 miles an hour, singing "Annie Waits" at the top of my lungs. On the way home from work, and that's what what I was doing, singing Ben Folds. I'm sure I got strange looks, but do I care?
Speaking of work, it's going great. So far I enjoy it, I'm still getting everything down- I'm looking at it as one big puzzle- memorizing codes, tricking the feisty registers into doing what you want. Jessica, my supervisor, makes learning everything really easy, and I'm thankful for that.
They decided to give me 8 and a half hours on thursday, just so they can get me to deal with all the problems that I SHOULD encounter. I have everything down well enough that I expect they will start letting me more or less work on my own soon. the only thing I need to get down now (other than movie rentals) is the T bar- let's see if I can't get this right real quick-

(birthdate) (the confirmation number)
-----------------------------------------------
(customer ID #) (State code goes here, in my case, OK)

yeah, that's right. this is for cashing a check for someone- like a payroll check. it's a long sequence, but hey- for some reason I don't have any problem with cash register codes but a simple T-bar has me scratching my head.





Comments: Post a Comment