<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Feb 5, 2004

Bill O'Reilly sucks, freedom of speech rules.

Bill O'reilly really does suck. I'm severly tempted to try the bingo game maddox posted.

On a different note, I was driving amanda home from my apartment to the dorms earlier, and as I drive down jenkins after having turned right off of Constitution, I see a couple of police cars waiting to get onto jenkins from the parkinf lot at the park. I was going the speed limit, so I wasn't concerned. As I approach timberdell, a white truck runs the stop sign and makes a left turn onto jenkins, pulling in front of me.
I pull into the dorm lot, and what do you know? the police cars follow me in. they flash their lights and pull me over, and I wonder what they want. I wasn't speeding, and I took care of my damn tag, so what could it be? The police officer walks up to my window, and asks for my crivers liscense and registration. I hand over the liscense and start digging for the insurance, which I I coulnd't find.
I sit there expecting him to say "do you know why I pulled you over tonight?" I don't think I've ever heard an officer not say that. To my surprise, he doesn't. Instead, he says in a very questioning and unsure voice, "you know that stop sign back there at timberdell and jenkins? you kinda ran it when you made your left turn..."
surprise! I didn't turn off of timberdell.
I respond, "no sir, I was coming from my apartment, and I made a turn off of constitution."
The officer says, "oh, well.. we saw a truck run that stop sign, and the other unit made the call, and I wasn't sure."
I say something to the effect of "there was a white truck" and the officer says, "allright, thanks. you have a good night."
I sit there, glad I didn't get a ticket, especially for something I didn't do... and also feeling dumb that I can't find my insurance.
as I was walking with amanda into the dorms, I find the insurance. it was in my wallet, it had just managed to slip behind something else. At least I had it.
I think what happened is that the second police car saw the truck run the stop sign, and thought it was me, and had the other guy pull me over. the police officer wasn't sure, and i think when he was walking up on my blazer, which doesn't look at all like a white pickup (adding to the fact that I passed them as they were waiting at the parking lot exit, and he must've noticed what I was driving there) he started realizing I wasn't the one that ran the stop sign. I guess even police make mistakes like that from time to time.
man. I hate being pulled over.

Comments: Post a Comment