<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Aug 19, 2004

I've been trying to install Microsoft Word for a while now, with no success.

last night, I tried installing James' copy of Microsoft Word 2000. it got my hopes way up. yep, bad move on my part.
After an hour of not being able to install it because the product code was wrong- I finally get it started installing.
You'd all think- at this point- that maybe I'd get somewhere. sorry to let all of us down- but, no. I get the same damned error- 1335- the office1.cab file is corrupt.

I decide to search a bit and see WHY this mght be; why would it give me this error twice- from two different CDs?
Microsoft had something about a possible solution- copy all the files from the cd to your hard drive, try again.
No, that didn't work either.
Do you have any idea how depressing it is for this to happen? it's kinda like if you're a musician, and someone steals your instrument. I mean, you can use someone else's instrument, but it SUCKS. It sucks. My computer- that's where the majority of my writing is. If I can't use it to write- what's the point in having it?

After this third (new) attempt, I stumble into the kitchen, get the Limeade concentrate out of the freezer, a bit of ice, some sprite, and a tiny bit of lemonade- and throw it in the blender. After a moments thought, I decide that the bottle of Sauza Tequila looks like ti needs to be finished off.
I pour the contents of the bottle (something like 8 or 9 shots worth) into the mess in the blender, hit the power button, and take the entire damned blenderful back to my computer. 5 cups worth- it gives the expression "40 oz. to freedom" some sort of meaning to me, now.
I sit in front of the computer,tell it to try ONE more time, and drink from the blender a bit too quickly. After a slight bout with brainfreeze and some pressure on the roof of my mouth to allieviate it, I get the same damned error. Same. Damned. Error.
Now, At this point, I read the message again. this is prbably (in all honesty) at least the fourteenth time I've seen the message. It says "may be a problem with the CD or a network error."
what the hell is a network error? how can my Office1.CAB file, which is far as I can tell- IS the cabinet file that makes up all of word- HOW CAN THAT be CORRUPT???
So I say to myself, "Erik, if Microsoft Word..."I don't get any farther- I burst into a series of giggles that puts my head on the table. I just don't care anymore- I'm drunk and frigging tired, there's not much left in the blender- and my bout of depression seems to be gone.
I get up, the blender's going in the freezer because I don't want to get sick- and I stumble across my very arthretic dog who's taking up the entire damned kitchen floor.
She just kinda looks at me, and I let out a random giggle. I shut the freezer with an uneven care, and start TRYING to head up the stairs. Thankfully, I've always lived in a house with stairs- I don't know what I'd do otherwise.
I fall asleep fast- no diziness at all. Just utterly tired, and amused at the ridiculousness of my plight.
No hangover in the morning, lucky me. Sophie, however, thinks she needs some food, and decides the best way to let me know is by jumping onto my bladder. ooooohhhh, cat, get off my stomach. that's NOT acceptable this morning, NO way.

The day goes okay, though. Wes woke me up with a call, so I hang out there for the majority of the day, Cook some dinner, see Raymond, not so bad.

Fill out an application for Albertsons online, so I can work with Michael.

But the entire day- shaded with this crappy, CRAPPY undertone of "you can't write anything anywhere where it can be revised easily."

I. Hate. this.

Plus, there's always something else to have me all tangled- Always something.

Comments: Post a Comment