<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Jan 31, 2006

Now Entering Norman, Oklahoma. 

so the first thing I see when I cross the KS/OK border is a towering highway sign (the transportable kind that lights up) that reads: "Welcome to Oklahoma. High Fire Danger! Fire Ban in Effect."
Of course, this is immediatley proceeded by a large swath of absolute charcoal, for one could not at all call it grass.
As if that isn't enough, they have another sign every ten miles or so, just to reinforce the point. the second sign was probably for those people snoozing across the border, and the third was definitely for all the blind people out there that frequently drive through the fronts of restaurants, gas stations, and the front living room of your house. It's important to note that these are the same people that previously chunked their cigarette OUT the car window, causing the fire, and, in effect, causing the burn ban.


Norman, however, is nice. I've had a lot of time to increase my skills at darts, hang out with Amanda, Nikki, and Wes, all of whom I sorely missed, and even Ben, huge loser that he is. It's also noteworthy to mention that I'm going to let Jamie D. borrow some books (and yes it was nice to see him as well).
I went to Sweet Basil with Manders, Nikki, Rex, and my dad on Monday for lunch, and it was damned good. We arrived at 3 p.m, just as they were closing (until 5, getting ready for the dinner rush) but they were nice enough to reopen the restaurant JUST for us, so we had it all to ourselves.
The owner served us, and then informed us that time wasn't pressing, and, if we'd excuse her, she had a pressing appointment in the other room.
The food was excellent. My Red Curry was comparable to that of Pad Thai's, but possibly better. Either way, it had been waaaaay too long since my last encounter with the stuff, and I'm still craving it now.
I paid for Nikki, Manders, and myself (the other two are/will pay me back) and left a twelve-and-a-half dollar tip (which I don't expect them to pay an equal percentage of). As we were leaving, the owner looked up from a pedicure of some sort (her appointment), telling us to let ourselves out, the keys were in the door. She waved, and we were on our way out the door.

Sweet Basil is located on East Main Street and Santa Fe. if you ever have a chance to eat there, I suggest that you take it.

Comments:
Erik,
It's cold as winter and the snow is actually nice we need the precip. I'm just wanting to say hello, hey what a dummy, I should call you, wow,it's early and I need
to go to the store, Albertson's...
Anyway, give me a call, I'm curious how you are and whats going on, Oh yes! I saw Harry Potter, Goblet of fire last night, and it was great, because the effects were terriffic, but the film didn't seem conected.. give me a call.. How much snow are we supposed to get, it's coming down heavily right now, and we need the water. It would be great to hear from ytou! Love, Daddy
 
Post a Comment