<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Dec 21, 2006

Australia has at least one nice car you won't ever see on american streets. 




The ford falcon that died off in something like the 70s in america THRIVED in australia. here it is now, one of the best fords, no, I take that back, the best looking ford I've seen. ever. short of the new shelby GT 500, which is really a shelby. if ford had something like this on american roads (it's a sedan with an attitude) I might be more inclined to think that Fords didn't suck. which they do.

Comments:
Now that I think about it, I bet the only reason you like this car is because it is called a Falcon. :)
 
Ford may not ever import their Falcon to the States, but Holden, ford's competitor in Australia imported it's 2 door Monaro in the U.S. from 2004 - 2006 as the Pontiac GTO and coming up, the new Pontiac G8 (a 4 door, LSx powered, RWD car) is was penned by Holden engineers and is already in showrooms down under as the new Commodore SS.

Sincerely, a Happy Holden/Pontiac GTO owner.
 
Happy Holden/GTO owner-
I don't know if you will ever check this site again, but I agree that the monaro is a nice car. in fact, the falcon has pretty much nothing on the GTO. I really like that car.
It's interesting to find out that the Commodore SS is going to be a new G8. I knew they had an up and coming commodore ss... but not about the G8.
thanks for the info!
 
Post a Comment