<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Jan 3, 2006

this is from a very old post, from a very old blog. another blog, but mine. and this is exactly why I dislike organzied relgions, of all kinds, so much. this is a speech. it was actually given. this is as close to what was truly said- short of a tape recorder- as possible. he was a powerful speaker, but not in the way he wanted to be- this entire thing caused me to gag. I just wish I had recoreded it.


"I'll tell you right now, if you don't find a good christian woman, you're lost. when me and my girlfriend started dating- about 6 months into the relationship, I sat down, and I said, 'look, I go to church and I'm a strong [baptist] and if you want to see anymore of me, that's how you'll be, too.' I laid down the law, and she listened, and she goes to church with me, too.
But that's not really what I was trying to get at, I was just trying to say that you, as kids, have a lot more influence over your fellow students. what I say, what teachers say, it just goes in one ear, around the airspace, and then out the other ear. but they listen to you. and if you tell them about being a good christian, they'll listen. they might not listen to me... but they'll listen to you."


"you see, god puts hardships in our lives because he likes to challenge us. he doesn't want us to become lazy, and the road to salvation should never be an easy one. We always face challenges in our lives- Me, I pretty much majored in football. *audiance chuckles, self deprecating smile* but then, one day Iwas out there, and I got tackled, and two of the disks in my back were fractured. The doctor, he said, 'You'll heal, but you can't play again.' and I said 'doctor- that's who I am! I have to play!' and the doctor said 'not anymore you don't.'
so then, I had to find a new path in life- you see, god challenged me. he took me off the road I wanted to be on and put me back on the road he wanted me to be on.
A good example of this- see, when I was young, my biological father left. my stepdad, really the only dad I ever had, he brought us together, and made us a strong christian family. he came down with cancer recently and died, bless his heart... and he was given 6 months to live. he fought the good fight for 18 months, and enjoyed every minute of it. you see, he knew god was challenging him, and he enjoyed every minute of it until he died- he woke up in the morning happy to go to chemo. he woke up knowing that today, he had the challenge of his life."

Comments: Post a Comment